Perhaps you have very little time. Or maybe you don’t want to spend too much of your money on the new skill; or on a new course; or a new book. Maybe you just need to find a quick way to get little things done. The following online resource links will doubtlessly help you save time, money and efforts to get them accomplished!
- Learn programming and other topics related to computer science, totally free of cost. These courses on Python, Java, Linux, C++ etc. are divided according to the difficulty level- beginner, intermediate and advanced. Identify your level, choose a course, enroll and get going:
3. If you are a web developer and wish to enhance your skills, then the courses on this website are perfect for you! Ranging from lessons from scratch to the most advanced ones, these online courses are everything you look for as a web developer:
4. Here’s where you will find a list of about 600 courses launched by 200 universities. The subjects of the courses include computer science, programming, data science, mathematics, business, medicine, humanities, social science and art:
5. A list of websites offering online education support where you will find a number of academic lessons and courses:
6. Flaunt your skills – writing, music, design, marketing, photography and a lot more – by taking up little projects and freelancing. These websites give you a chance to explore and display your talents:
7. Publications and blog posts by amateurs as well as professionals are a great way for newbie programmers to stay in touch with the modern developments in the field. The blog posts include other topics too. Here is the link:
8. Need to look up a book? Love to read? Here is a place where you can access tons of free pdf files of books on a variety of subjects. Browse through the e-books by title, author and genre. Currently, there are 207,557,004 e-books on business, science, politics, etc. Unlimited and free downloads:
Some other websites offering free e-books:
9. If you have a query that has remained unanswered by your parents, friends or colleagues, just click on the following links, where the question will probably be posted by a user. If not, you can pose a question yourself and get it answered from other netizens:
10. Despite being the most popular, Google is not the only search engine. Here is a list of search engines that can aid you in your hunt for information:
- com (www.about.com)
- AllTheWeb (alltheweb.com)
- AltaVista (altavista.com)
- Ask Jeeves! (askjeeves.com)
- Excite (excite.com)
- HotBot (hotbot.com)
- LookSmart (looksmart.com)
- Lycos (lycos.com)
- Open Directory (dmoz.org)
- Google (google.com)
- Mamma (mamma.com)
- Webcrawler (webcrawler.com)
- Aol (aol.com)
- Dogpile (dogpile.com)
- 10pht (10pht.com)
This blog was compiled with the help of our guest blogger Radhika Deshpande. We hope the above information will be helpful to you to scale up your skills to restart your career journey and to grow in your chosen profession… Good luck for your second innings!!
About the author:
Radhika completed her B.A. and M.A (Gold medal) in Sanskrit from the Mumbai University. She has a passion for languages especially English, Sanskrit, and German and has written articles on Upanishads. She provides content development services. She likes teaching and writing. Her hobbies include reading and listening to music.
Her Second Innings, helps capable women professionals to find their calling in their second innings. Women looking to get back to their careers, or needing advice to pursue alternate career to become financially independent Sign up with us and complete your profile. Feel free to connect with us at email@example.com after completing your registration formalities, and our career experts would be happy to have a conversation with you.
“This blog claims no credit for any images or content posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images and content on this blog belong to their respective owners. If there is an image or content on this blog that belongs to you and you do not wish for it to appear on this site, please e-mail us with a link to said image or content and it will be promptly removed.”